Sunday, April 15, 2012

Better late than Never

I win slacker of the year award!
I have been so ridiculously busy that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday!
We had an amazing father-daughter banquet at my church last night which consumed my last couple of days. I made about 75 hair bows for the girls attending!
The hair bows were an absolute success, and the whole night was amazing!
It was great to spend the night with my dad and sisters!
They did a fashion show and my little sisters and dad looked great :)

So here is my Saturday Spotlight!!
Today I am highlighting another amazing series!
Drum Roll, Please


This is the "It Girl" Series by Cecily Von Ziegesar
There are 9 books in all, and this is a spin-off of the Gossip Girl series that inspired the tv show on the CW.

I will warn you ahead of time: The Gossip Girls novel series is extremely different than the Gossip Girl TV show. I have to admit I love both of them; they are just different.

Anyways...back to this series. These books focus on Jenny Humphrey who starts at a boarding school, Waverly Academy.
In basic New York fashion, it is all about the clothes you wear, the people you know, and they parites you go to. When Jenny gets to the school, she immediately falls for Easy Walsh, who has a girlfriend, Southern Belle Callie. Callie and her two best friends, Tinsley and Brett, make up the power trio at the school. There is tons of drama, girl fights, boyfriends, break-ups, parties, detentions, and even a few expolsions.
This series is fun, entertaining, and totally a chic flick!
If you enjoy the Gossip Girl series on TV or any sort of chic flick, I would without a doubt recommend this series to you!
I couldn't put it down when I was reading it.


Ok, I just realized that I look like a very immature, high school girl if you look at my two book posts. Aren't I suppose to be an English major? You probably wonder where my sophisticated, classical books are. Well, as much as I enjoy those, I want to provide you with reviews of books that I enjoy reading for fun.
Like I have said before, I am a real sucker for young adult literature; I guess I am still a teenager at heart!

Hope you all have an absolutely amazing Sunday!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly