Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Proceed with Caution

If you have a queezy stomach or are a member of PETA, you may want to skip this post!
This weekend my family and I took off for a ranch about 20 miles outside of town to go Gopher Hunting!
Now before you get all upset, you have to realize that gophers are a huge nuisance to ranches. Their holes cause horses and cattle to fall and break lets, and then they have to be put down. So killing gophers is a good thing!
(Or maybe that is just what I have to tell myself to get through!)

As we were driving there, my little sister seemed to sum up the day: "There is nothing like killing animals to bring a family together!
Here are some pics for the day!


This is what we saw when we drove up to the ranch. My uncle and cousins were shooting away!


My dad had barely stopped the car before he whipped out his gun and started shooting! It is easier to shoot out of the car because you can steady the gun on the windows!


My little sis taking a shot. She is a dead-eye. I think she hit every one she shot at!


Montana is BEAUTIFUL :)


my other sister with her kill :)


All in all, we had a great day! It was amazing 80 degree weather with clear blue skies!
It was a true Montana day!
Have a great Tuesday!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly