Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Spotlight

I am sooo excited to share my new weekly post with all you lovely readers!
As an avid reader, I thought it would be fun to create a weekly post dedicated to all things books

Each Saturday, I will bring a recommendation for a novel, author, or short story that I think is worth reading!
For this first week, I thought it might be a good idea to give you an idea of the type of reader I am
I enjoy a huge variety of books!
I love everything from mysteries to romance novels!

(give me anything with a sweet boy who is willing to cross the world for a girl and I am hooked)
Even though I am in college, I tend to read a lot of young adult literature. Mostly, because I want to be able to recommend books to my students when I become a teacher.
But secondly, because I love young adult literature.
Some of my favorite authors include:
Meg Cabot, Lisi Harrison, Kate Brian, Zoey Dean
Cecily von Ziegesar, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling
Sherman Alexie, Louise Erdrich, Langston Hughes
Madeleine L'Engle, Mark Haddon, C.S. Lewis, Sophie Kinsella


That is just to name a few!


So for this weeks Spotlight, I bring to you ........



A-List by Zoen Dean
This is the first novel in a series titled "The A-List Series."
This is a very fun, California story about a girl, Anna, who moves to California from Manhattan.
She faces Oscar parties, California boys, Queen Bees, and lots of drama. She meets three girls, Cammie, Sam, and Dee, who are the queens of the town.
Anna seems to steal their spotlight, and they set out to destroy her.
Their anger might have something to do with the fact that Anna has caught the eye of the most sought after boy around, Ben.
Anna learns how to deal with these California girls while trying to mend her relationship with her father.
This is a great summer read if you are looking for something similar to Gossip Girl!
It is by no way intellectually stimulating, but who wants that for a summer book!
The reading level is probably at a high school age, but some of the content I think is better suited towards juniors and seniors or older.

Check The A-List out and tell me what you think!
If you have any recommendations for other books to review, I am always excited to find more books!

Have a great weekend, ya'll!!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly